August 15, 2017

Curtain Call Challenge - August 15 - Hibiscus & MFTWSC345...May Your Day be Filled with Sunshine


Aloha stampin' friends! I'm SO glad that I was able to play along with the August 15 Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Hibiscus. It's been a busy month but I finally found the time and crafty mojo to make this Pure Innocence Hula girl card! We've been to Disney on vacation for 2 weeks to celebrate Hannah's 18th birthday and graduation from High School, then when we returned she had her wisdom teeth out, now, we are in full-swing packing/shopping mode for Hannah's big move to Ottawa, where she will be attending University. I hope you can find some crafty time and join us for the August 15 - Curtain Call Challenge - Hibiscus.




When I saw this beautiful tropical inspirational photo for this challenge I decided to pull out my MFT Hibiscus Die-namics and my MFT Pure Innocence Hula Girl Stamp set!  

I made my card with MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Whip Cream, Sno Cone, Bubbelgum, Pink Lemonade, Razzle Berry, Gumdrop Green and Spearmint


I made this following the fab MFTWSC345 sketch that they have over at the MFT Card Challenges blog

 photo CCAug15B_edited-RS1_zpsceeype2h.jpg
The main panel is water coloured paper that I made using the "Smooshing technique" with Evergreen Bough Distress ink and then cut it out with the stitched panel Die-namics from Blueprints 13, the Pink Lemonade strip is cut with the Vertical Stitched Strips Die-namics. I stamped and coloured up this sweet MFT Pure Innocence Hula girl with my Copics, cut her out and popped her up on the Razzle Berry lacey scallop circle frame cut with my Reverse Confetti Lacey Scallop Circle and cut out the centre with my MFT Circle STAX Die-namics
 photo CCAug15D_edited-RS4_zpsp3kepibs.jpg
I cut the Hibiscus flower and leaves from MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Razzle Berry, Bubblegum, Pink Lemonade, Spearmint, Gumdrop Green. I Inked the flowers with Abandoned Coral and the leaves with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment from the MFT CS-Blue Skies Ahead Sentiment Set on Whip Cream Heavyweight cardstock cut with the Reverse Confetti Tall Tag Trio Confetti Cuts with Jet Black Archival Ink.  
 photo CCAug15C_edited-RS3_zps3rilrfyb.jpg
I finished off the inside of my card too....I stamped a shadow image of the PI Hula girl, added another inked Hibiscus and a sentiment from the Reverse Confetti Lots to Say Sentiment Stamp set
Thank SO much for stopping by and havin' a little look at my card for the Curtain Call Challenge August 15 - Hibiscus! I hope you can join this FUN challenge!

 














Tara Godfrey - Me ;)

Follow us!


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - August 15 - Hibiscus for all the challenge details and to play along with us!






4 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Wow! So much tropical goodness :) What a gorgeous card!

Betty Wright said...

Stunning detailing and beautiful design, Tara! Wonderful card!

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute take on the inspiration photo!

JoAnn said...

Great take on the inspiration challenge. I love how you used the colors and the pretty flowers and cute PI image. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails