July 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - July 15 - Unicorn Wishes


Hello stampin' friends! Time for a NEW Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Unicorn - all the details and link-up are over at the Curtain Call! I ADORE the inspirational photo that we have and as soon as I set my eyes on this sweet unicorn and the banner, I knew I had to use my Reverse Confetti Unicorn Wishes and Double Banner Garland Confetti Cuts.

Oh and before you run off to check out all the inspiration the crew has to share I want to give a special shout-out to Tammy Hurshburger at Stamp Happy ! She is joining the Curtain Call Crew and we couldn't be more thrilled to have her join us....she is SOOOOO super talented and such a sweetie! 

The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!

Please welcome our newest Guest Designer,

Anni Lerche, Annikarten 


I used MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Black Licorice and Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock!

 photo CCIC0715UnicornC_edited-RS3_edited-1_zpsufa1gw50.jpg

I wanted a soft feel in keeping with the inspirational photo so I did a little "reverse water-colouring" as I like to call it. I made some water-coloured patterned paper with my Peerless Watercolors and set it aside to dry, when dry, I strategically stamped on the watercoloured paper to get the desired colour and effect with the Unicorn Wishes and Weather It Together stamps, then cut the images out with the coordinating Unicorn Wishes and Weather It Together Confetti Cuts.   

 photo CCIC0715UnicornE_edited-RS5_edited-1_zpsnsmc1h2l.jpg

I used the Love Note Confetti Cuts, cut from water-coloured paper, as the "home" for all the stamped and die-cut elements and created a little scene. I stamped a sentiment from the Unicorn Wishes on a flag and tucked it under the cute little unicorn. I wrapped the panel from the Class Act Confetti Cuts with hemp twine tied a bow and sprinkled around some pretty pink sparkly YNS GumDrops.  I thought my card should sparkle just a bit so I pulled out my hand-dandy Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pens in clear and yellow...unfortunately,  it doesn't show up in the pics.  

 photo CCIC0715UnicornFRS6_zpsj5isvcze.jpg

I finished off the inside of the card too...stamping another sentiment from the Unicorn Wishes stamp set on the small tag from the Tag Me Confetti Cuts and adding a few left over "reverse watercoloured" stamped images and dies. 

 photo CCIC0715UnicornD_edited-RS4_edited-1_zps6tchb9m1.jpg

Thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my Unicorn Wishes card for the July 15 Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Unicorn.  I hope you can join us and we can't wait to see your magical creations!

Be Sure to visit each designer's blogs for more inspiration!


Anni Lerche, Guest Designer
















Tara Godfrey - Me ;)

Follow us!


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Unicorn for all the challenge details and to play along with us!






7 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Love all of these scrumptious layers and watercolor detailing! Fantastic design, Tara!

Melody said...

Love the watercolor look with all the layers!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Tara. Love all the different elements and amazing layering. The water coloring looks great. What a great scene.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet and fun! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I LOVE the style your reverse watercolor technique gives to this card! I might have to try that sometime, although nothing I make will turn out as fabulous as this!

Juls said...

So loving your style, all the layers are just awesome xx

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is seriously WOWWWWWW!! Just unbelievably stunning, as always!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails