October 22, 2014

Reverse Confetti...The Color Throwdown # 315 & DS # 173...With A Grateful Heart!


Hello stampin' friends! WOW! I can't believe it is time for another Color Throwdown! Time just flew by for me as we had the Thanksgiving week off and were working on the kitchen reno...the new floor is down and the back-splash tiling has commenced ;)

 I really LOVE this week's Color Throwdown # 315 by Jodi and the inspirational photo was just what I needed to get the creative ideas flowing. I made my card this week with my fave Reverse Confetti Stamps and Confetti Cuts!



I used MFT Heavyweight Card Stock in Tangy Orange, Primitive Cream, Lemon Drop and Olive



I thought I would play along with this week's Deconstructed Sketch - DS173  

 photo TCD315F_edited-2RS9_zps55503300.jpg

I just love the Reverse Confetti Give Thanks Stamp set and the coordinating Reverse Confetti Give Thanks Label Confetti Cuts...I've got so much use out of this great set! I stamped another sentiment from Give Thanks in Olive Premium Dye ink on Primitive Cream Heavyweight Card Stock

I wanted to make white pumpkins just like in this week's CTD315 inspirational photo...I had a happy accident when I stamped the pumpkins from the RC Spooky Cuties and the Forever Fall Stamp sets. I stamped them with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and then I quickly grabbed, what I thought was my Zing White Embossing Powder, but it was actually clear embossing powder...in the end I actually liked the subtle effect that I got with the clear embossing powder over the white pigment ink on the coloured card stock!

 photo TCD315C_edited-1RS3_zps5d0a7ab0.jpg

For the scalloped edge that the sketch calls for I used the NEW Reverse Confetti Envie Wrap Confetti Cuts and I also stamped the fabulous wood-grain border from Reverse Confetti Forever Fall in Tangy Orange Premium Dye Ink

 photo TCD315E_edited-1RS6_zps9a7dd60a.jpg

Here is a detail shot of the clear embossed pumpkins stamped with MFT Sweet Tooth Pigment ink. I embellished with some AC Natural Twine and Lemon YNS Gumdrops.  

 photo TCD315D_edited-1RS4_zps45e80500.jpg

I finished off the inside of my card too....I basically followed the same sketch, added in a few more embossed pumpkins and stamped another sentiment from the Give Thanks Stamp Set in Olive Premium Dye Ink. 

Thanks SO much for popping by and having a little look at my Reverse Confetti card for this week's Color Throwdown # 315 and the DS # 173! Hope you can join us for CTD315!!! 




   

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE how you've used this RC set! I have this set and totally forgot about it for fall cards! You have a real talent for layering and combining elements into fabulous creations!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Tara. I love that look on the pumpkins too... indeed it was a happy accident. :)

Broni said...

What a great multi-layered card! So happy and fun!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and challenge!! Love those RC images!!

Lori said...

Perfect fall card! Love the embossed pumpkin trio.

Barbara said...

OMGosh! You rocked ALL of the challenges, Tara!! Gorgeous Fall card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE how those pumpkins turned out with the white ink! What a great detail, and fabulous card!

Jodi Collins said...

I CRAZY love this!! The woodgrain in the background is just GENIUS! What a perfect card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails