April 05, 2014

SugarPea Designs # 3, Catered Crop & CTD286...Have A Rice Day!


Hey stampin' friends! I've been dieing to ink up this super CUTE penguin - Rice Rice Baby from SugarPea Designs. I 'm entering this card in the Sugar Pea Designs Challenge # 3 Embellish It too! He was perfect for the challenge over at the Catered Crop Recipe Swap - Put a Bird On It! I haven't seen the show Portlandia but I couldn't agree more with the idea that "putting a bird on it" makes your craft project magical!

I'm SO lucky and honoured to have been selected as one of the Winning Recipes for the Spring Fever Recipe Swap and to be joining the Catered Crop Designers this week for the Put a Bird On It Swap!  I went looking for a colour combo for this card and LOVED this week's swatch at the Color Throwdown # 286!


http://cateredcrop.com/2014/03/30/put-a-bird-on-it-recipe-swap/

http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/2014/03/19/spd03-embellish-it-challenge/


http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.ca/2014/04/color-throwdown-286.html

 MFT Replenishments Card Stock in Blu Raspberry, Lemon Drop, Jellybean Green and Primitive White

 photo CTD286CCbird_edited-1RS1_zpsf84dd96f.jpg

I used the Sun Ray Die-namics for the main panel cut from Blu Raspberry and Lemon Drop Heavyweight Card Stock.  I coloured up the sweet penguin - Rice Rice Baby with my Copics, cut him out and popped him up on the Oval panel cut with the Oval STAX and Pierced Oval STAX.

 photo CTD286CCbirdD_edited-1RS4_zpsc33572eb.jpg

I added in a few clouds cut with the Jumbo Cloud STAX and the little clouds are from the You Move Me Die-namics. I stamped a sentiment from the SugarPea Designs - Rice Rice Baby Stamp set in Jellybean Green Premium Dye Ink on a tag cut with the Pierced Traditional Tag STAX tied with Hemp Cord. I embellished with a smattering of Olive Green Gumdrops from Your Next Stamp.

 photo CTD268CCbirdE_edited-1RS5_zpsb2fada82.jpg

Here is the inside...I stamped a shadow image of the Rice Rice Baby penguin in Jellybean Green Premium Dye ink and used my fave Layered Label Die-namics for the sentiment panel. The sentiment is from the SugarPea Designs A Bushel and Peck Stamp set

Well, Thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my card for the SugarPea Designs Challenge # 3 Embellish ItCatered Crop Recipe Swap - Put a Bird On It and for the Color Throwdown # 286!



   

6 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness gracious. This is perfection! I love it. I'm so honored to have you join us at Catered Crop!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, isn't he adorable and what beautiful coloring!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Lori said...

Just adorable! Love how you colored that little guy. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is such a happy and cheerful card…love your design and the color combo!! Love everything about it!! xoxo

Tammy Hershberger said...

Tara, this is DARRRRLING! That penguin is too dang cute, and your coloring is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! Look at how cute this is GF!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails