December 06, 2010

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge...A Sketch...Snow Day!

Photobucket
Good morning crafty friends! We got some snow yesterday late in the afternoon and even though it was getting dark I let the kids go out in the front yard and play in it for a bit. Well, I have been pumping out cards left right and centre. I made 5 teacher cards yesterday, yes you read correctly 5 teachers. Kieran has 4 teachers this year, between the Reading program he attends and his regular class, this is one of the 5. I also picked up some tea lights from Bath and Body Works and wrapped them in pp and added some ribbon and a tag. I was going to make those cute tea light cards that everyone is making but I just didn't have the time to do it and these tea lights already came in a neat package so I thought I would just dress it up a bit. 
Photobucket

  For the card I used the great sketch that they have this week for the MFT WSC MFTWSC12012010  challenge. I decided to use some different pp, so I used my MME Holly Jolly paper pack. I coloured the image Merry KISSmas with my Copics and paper pieced it. I used a sentiment from one of the other PI stamp sets called Snow Day, a Catslife Press label and a sentiment from SCAC. I added a few Prima Poinsettias and some AC ribbon and cotton last trim. I also pulled out the old Liquid Applique again and this time added Stickles to it so it is rather sparkly IRL! I also added some Viva Decor black Pearl pen for the snowman's buttons.

well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Hugs,


6 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the traditional colours in these tones - & the wrapped tea lights is really special co-ordinating like that with the crad. another of these lovely images - they are PI too!. We have freezing ice today after yesterdays' thaw. Take care.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

dolcreations said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the colours and that image is adorable!The teachers are going to LOVE homemade cards from you! What an absolute treat!

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card! Love the DP's
Hugs
cordine

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Tara and well done for getting so many cards made.

Riet said...

So beautiful Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card set, wonderful sweet image and fab details.
luv
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails