August 27, 2009

Friday Sketchers # 66...It's a Jungle out there...Enjoy!


I am just getting this card in under the wire for the Friday Sketchers challenge #66 ! This is another great sketch! I made this card Monday night for a wonderfully kind and patient man who is retiring from my work, Jim. Jim has been the resident computer guru for last 19 years...well his official title is something like Manger of IT but guru works too. He often comes to the rescue every time our computers do something wonky but he very kindly tells us it is more often than not, user error,lol!!! Well, Jim spends enough time in front of a monitor (well make that 4 actually) so he likes to spend his free time at home on his wooded property clearing the brush. So I thought this jungle/Safari Edwin would do the trick for his card!
I used this great DCWV Animal Cracker 8x8 stack that I bought in Buffalo on our way back from Florida in July. I stamped Edwin on Prism Simply Smooth cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured him with my Copics. Now I was unsure at the time if the flowers were just too girlie for a "boy" card. So, when I arrived at work I asked the ladies what they thought of the flowers! They all agreed that they were a bit much so off they came! I have to say, that it did look more like a boy card sans the flowers,lol!
So, I gave Jim his card at our luncheon on Tuesday and he loved it! That made me very happy!
So there you have it another card this week...wow I am on a roll! Now, I am heading down to my scrapbooking room to finish up more baby cards.
Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek!
Hugs,

10 comments:

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great card Tara - lovely colour scheme too!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great card Tara - lovely colour scheme too!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Tara! I love the colours you used and the papers and image are fabulous!!

Maria said...

Stunning card Tara! Beautiful papers and wonderful colouring. Hugs, Maria

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card Tara, love the papers and colors, it's perfect!

Hugs, Kelly

daisy said...

it looks lovely tara shure he would love it!

hugs
daisy

Tara said...

This is super gorgeous T!! Those papers are so delish and your image looks amazing!
Have a wonderful weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Brocéliane said...

gorgeous card Tara:)

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love all your finishing touches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails