August 30, 2009

Friday Sketchers # 67 & Just Magnolia # 20...Awesome Friend!


Hey crafty friends...hope you're having a stampin' good weekend! Hannah and I had some fun girls stuff planned for the weekend as the boys have gone to Mosport to watch the car races. We were going to drive to Toronto yesterday and spend a little cha-ching at the Bella Boutique and meet up with some friends but we stayed home instead and I finally rented Twilight....oh it was soooo good...I am reading Eclipse now and have become a total Twilight Saga freak....I just love Edward he's soooo dreamy,lol! Oh, if you are a Twilight freak too then you have to go and see this fab ATC card by Fran....it is sooooo amazingly adorable!
I did some stamping and coloured several of the new Magnolia images that came in my Fall Stampculb kit. I really love them all but I am partial to Tilda with Blueberries...for now...isn't she a cutie patootie, smile!

I ordered some new copic paper, Neenah White, I am quite happy with it but I'm still adjusting to it. This paper is very thick and really makes the colours appear so vibrant! There is good "blendability" (if that is even a word) with this paper too. I'm really diggin' it!
So this morning I made this card with the great sketch over at Friday Sketchers # 67 and for the Just Magnolia challenge # 20 too....Ribbon and bows...I made my cardbase 6x6 lilac Bazzill Bling cardstock and used this MME Wild Asparagus patterned cardstock that I have had in my stash forever. I inked the edges of my papers with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks. This fabulous ribbon is from my good bloggin' friend Kim...I just love it and had been hording it but it was perfect for this card....thanks again, sweetie! The Awesome definition label is by Making Memories and the word "Friend" is a Melissa Frances rub-on. I added a Prima and I shimmerized with Angel Wings Shimmerz.

Here is the inside....well there ya have it another card...I am glad that I have some more images coloured now I can just make up the cards...I think I have stumbled on to a good idea here,lol!
Well, thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek!
Hugs,

27 comments:

Stampin'Piper said...

This is so beautiful, Tara! I love your card, everything fits perfect!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers! Hugs Tanja

DawnMarie said...

Gorgeous Tara, a beautiful image beautifully coloured, love the inside too. I will go check out the Twilight Atc, I'm so looking forward to New Moon in November. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Brocéliane said...

very beautiful card Tara, as always :)

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Tara, nice colors and love the inside. Love Paula.

Nancy said...

What a gorgoeus card, Tara:O) Love the cute Tilda, and your colouring is awsome! The DP's are wonderful. Love the pretty ribbon. The inside is lovely too:O)
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Susie Sugar said...

Tara this is just so perfect ...really beautiful darling , I love the new Tildas and you have made her look stunning
Hugs Susie xx

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW I love the papers and that image is to die for with your beautiful coloring... hugs janny

Mina said...

stunning card Tara, love your Tilda cant wait to get mine, stunning ribbon...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tara! Stunning card and such a pretty Tilda! xx

June Nelson said...

This card is just so stunning!! I love your colouring and your layout and well everything about it!!!! have a wonderful day huggies June xxx

CraftyC said...

Your card is so pretty Tara, a lovely image and stunning papers!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gotgeous card Tara, such a pretty Tilda and wonderful colouring and accents.
The inside is beautiful too.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole :D

Georgia said...

Wow, I love your card Tara! The image is gorgeous and I really like how you've coloured her. The 'awesome' definition looks great! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Simone said...

Hello Tara

I like your cards very much so i wanna give you this award.

Bye for now,

Simone

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love the image and colours.
so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card, the new Tilda looks gorgeous, I love your colouring its perfect!! Thanks for visiting me & following too!!
hugs Angela x

Carolyn said...

Wow Tara, great card. I love this image. I just ordered her she should be in in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Tara. Love the way you've coloured in the cute Tilda. Pretty papers and details also. Hugs Michele x

Kathy said...

I just love this card Tara!! I always love the color combo's and elements that you mix to get to your end result!! So cute!!!
I have watched Twilight a gazillion times!! haha I cannot wait until November to see New Moon! The book wasn't my favorite of the bunch but the previews look awesome!!
Hope your having a great week :)Kathy

Christina said...

I love this card! It's just beautiful!

Bev said...

Wonderful card Tara, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week x

Caroline said...

Stunning card Tara! There is an award on my blog for you. Caroline x

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing! It's so beautiful! Love it! Hugs from Cathrine <3

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing! It's so beautiful! Love it! Hugs from Cathrine <3

Suzie said...

This is beautiful Tara, all your cards are and your colouring is fab. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. Suzie xxx

Ellen said...

Wowwwww Tara,

What an beautiful card, love the colours, stamps and the details.

Have a nice weekend,

Hugs,
Ellen

Nixe-Moni said...

Such a gorgeous card Tara. Love the fab papers and sweet Tilda is coloured perfectly. Love it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Moni

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails