April 19, 2008

My Incredible Guy! Cute Card Challenge!


WOW!! I am really getting into the blog challenge thing,smile! I decided to make a card for the Cute Card Thursday challenge while I was at it! I know, I should be cleaning my house but this is sooooooo much more fun! This weeks challenge is to make a "masculine" card. I only have two Edwin stamps, Edwin with broom and Mysiga Edwin VA07. So, I picked the Mysiga Edwin and decided to make a card for my Husband, Chris. He is an all around great guy, a dedicated, loving father and a wonderfully devoted and helpful husband. When I talk to my girlfriends, I realize even more, how lucky I am. Chris is very involved with the kids; taking them to activities, helping them with homework, making lunches etc. etc. and he does housework, laundry, shopping and most, if not all of the, cooking. He does a lot of great things for me and our family. And to top it all off, he is very supportive of my scrapbooking/cardmaking addiction! I don't thank him enough for all that he does...So, I hope this card will let him know that he is my Super Hero!!!!
I used Brown Bazzill cardstock for the base and BG Recess PP and a scrap of Scenic Route PP. I inked the edges and used my Technique Tuesday Hanging by a Thread and Frayed Ends stamps for the stitching. The Sentiment is Melissa Frances rub-ons (my favourite!!!) I also, used a Magnolia label stamp and stamped a Magnolia tag with hearts on the pp and cut out the hearts.
Thanks for stopping by!!!

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh Tara this is absolutely cool. So gorgeous card. Love it.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Perfect for the challenge. Love Edwin and the great papers you used. Hugs, Nikki x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

lovely card! Great papers and love the text you added to the jumper.

Jilli said...

Beautiful card

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, the label with text I made it with the nestabilities. The one I used around the PB, than I made a long stroke of paper, and put the ends of that in the corner off the nestabilitie. Than I did the text on it to know where the second must come, and put that side in the corner of the nestabilitie.. Hope you understand??

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the stamp and great colours and papers. Your hubby sounds like a great guy.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

wow your card is fantastic and wonderful

tillymint said...

Wow what a great card! I love the colours and the papers you used, the Edwin stamp is so cute!

Leonie said...

Great card!

~ Leonie ~

Deb said...

Beautiful card, love the layout and the little extras!

thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Ila said...

This card is Super Cute and Fabulous!! I love that Edwin, your papers and the way you did your sentiments.
To answer your question about distressing....I just use a honey bee scissors. I have a distressing tool but I just find I have more control with this little scissors.

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the papers you have used.

Angela said...

wow Tara...your blog is a busy place these days! I am loving the stuff you've been doing! soooo cute! I am hopping to get working on my art room again this week so I hope to have something new to show ya soon.

Jennifer said...

Hey T..you man he is such a cutie!! wink..cute stuff.. J

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails