Well, I did it! I was able to make a card in time to enter Kimmie's Challenge! (please, excuse the crooked photo). I had to change the design a wee bit...I hope that is okay?! I didn't have any stamps that really lended themselves to a more rectangular card and I don't have any envelopes for that size either. So here is my interpretation of Kimmie's card challege!
Oh, Oh, Oh,...I finally go to make a card using my Pink Petticoat, Lola Rose, "digital stamps". When I first downloaded these "stamps" I was a little disappointed, as, I didn't really think it through. Most of my colouring techniques were water-based i.e. SU markers, water-colouring with distress inks, and they made the ink from my ink jet printer bleed, obviously. Stickles would make the ink run and even, Prisma Coloured Pencils with OMS made the ink run, if I recall correctly. I even bought a can of Workable fixitf spray but the strong odour was not conducive to me as a migraineur and it didn't seem to work very well either! So, I kinda gave up on the idea of using the Pink Petticoat designs that I had already bought, pooh! Then I saw a card from the cute card challenge made by Tillymint's using one of the new Pink Petticoat digital stamps. It was so darn cute that I went and visited the Pink Petticoat blog again, and to my delight, discovered that I can colour them in with my Copic markers and the ink jet ink won't bleed, Woohoo!!!!! Problem solved!!!!
For this card I used Bazzill Basic Pink bling for the card base and I wanted to do something that would give the same effect that Kimmie did on her card, when she stamped the crackle background stamp. Since, I don't have a large background stamp, I used a My Mind's Eye white distressed rub-on sheet and applied it to the areas that would show, then attached the stripped PP. I coloured, Lola Rose with cupcake, with my Copic markers and used my Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pens to add a little sparkle, here and there. I adhered the image to a piece of blue Prism Cardstock and added four pink brads in the corners. I tied two pieces of the American Craft ribbon into a knot and just adhered with glue dotts in the upper left corner. I had to move the location of my sentiment, from my MFT Let's Go for a Walk set. I didn't think I would get a good impression over the distressed rub-on. So, there you have it!!!!
I was just over at Kimmie's blog and saw the absolutely adorable card she made with the stamped image, Tilda in a Summer Swirl, that I sent her, WOW!!! She is one super talented lady!!!! She followed the sketch from the Papertake Challenge...what a great sketch!!! I am off to make a card now using that sketch with my new Happy Mother's Day stamp set from MFT. I really need to make a card for my Mom, so, I can give it to her before we leave for Disney World!
Oh, one last thing that I want to share with everyone!!! I found this info when I was blurffing about a very inexpensive way to clean your stamps that you can pick up at Wal-mart! I thought it was worth a try and I have been using it for a week or two now. It does work very well, although, it is a little unconventional and if you decide to try it you do so at your own risk!!!! So, check it out here, if you are interested. If you are anything like me, you will hate spending your pennies on those tiny bottles of stamp cleaner (you would think I was drinking the stuff or something) and would much rather spend those hard earned pennies on new rubba or photo-polymer, lol!
Thanks for stopping by!