September 16, 2008

It's all about the BLING, baby!!! MFT's WTG Challenge # 1!

I was able to flex my day, today as I have to work tonight. So, guess what I did with my morning off, he he he!!! I played in my scrapbooking room...YAY!!! I don't usually get to do this and it was a lot of fun. Surprisingly, I whipped this card up in record time for me. I tend to be a slow poke when it comes to scrapbooking and card making but not this morning.

So, Yesterday Kimmie mentioned on her blog about a new MFT challenge that will happen every Monday featuring a different Who's That Girl! stamp. I just love all the MFT sets and have been collecting them but I don't use them that much and really, I should. So, this challenge is just the motivation or "big kick in the buttocks" that I needed to pull out my WTG sets and use more than just the sentiments.

This weeks challenge is to use Rain or Shine and to BLING it up, so that is exactly what I did!!! (sidebar....if you are wondering what that little black thing is in the top right hand corner of the card...I think it is a bug hitching a ride on my card when I took my pics outside in the garden, lol)

I had some left over Daisey Buckets pp from another project and I thought it would be perfect for this card. The card base is 6X6 and cut from a sheet of white Bazzill Basics cardstock. I stamped the main image on Georgia pacific paper with Archival Brilliance Black Graphite ink and coloured it in with my copics and paper pieced the WTG's rain coat and her cute doggie's rain coat too. I tried a new tip I picked up from Jacqui called water washing with a Sakura Stardust pen on the little puddle of water. I went around the edge of the puddle with the stardust pen and then I took a water brush and spread the glitter all around. Now even the puddle has a little bling goin' on. I used 3 different colours of Bazzill Bling cardstock and cut the scalloped mat out on my QK Silhouette using a QK digital download. I added some bling to her umbrella and around the sentiment which I printed on my computer using the font Wendy Medium. Now, if you are thinking that sentiment sound awefully familiar it's cuz it is a line from Rihanna's song "Umbrella"!!!! I just love using song lyrics as sentiments on my cards and I thought this would be perfect. So, then I had a light bulb moment but not sure if it translates as well as I had hoped. I cut several QK 2X2 musical notes out of some light blue Bazzill bling cardstock. They are suppose to be musical rain drops...not sure if it works. What do ya think?

So, now I have to figure out how t post my card to SCS and I am done!!! Got go jump in the shower and head off to work!

Thanks for stopping by and having a wee look-see!!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cute card!! I love the colors and your bling looks fabulous!! Also can't forget to mention I love how your song also coordinates with your card ~ that is too cool!!! (I just love music!)
:)Kathy

Rach said...

love your very cute card, fantastic colours and i like the music notes...well done hugs Rachxx

Laura said...

Your card is adorable. I followed the link from SCS. I am so glad you are uploading there now, you need to share your fabulous cards with all of us! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

A very nice card!!

All i have seen on your blog is very nice!!

Susi :-)

Anonymous said...

A very nice card!!

All i have seen on your blog is very nice!!

Susi :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails