August 04, 2021

Reverse Confetti & Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Birthday - You're Fintastic


Hello stampin' friends! I am SO happy that I was able to get crafty again! I made this FUN birthday card with the NEW Reverse Confetti, Oceans of Love Stamp set and Oceans of Love Confetti Cuts. I ordered this sweet stamp set from, Simon Says Stamp, along with some other Reverse Confetti Stamps from the new release. I am entering my card, You're Fintastic, in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Birthday Celebration! 




I used my "Reverse" water-colouring technique on this card....I just love doing this and find it much less time consuming than water-colouring each image. I used the "smooshing" technique with my Distress inks to create sheets of water-coloured paper and then strategically stamped the images on the paper to get the desired watercolour effect. I did go in with my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Watercolour pens and add some extra definition/contrast to the adorable little sea-turtle...I've been calling him Squirt, lol and some of his friends!  I also stamped some images from the Reverse Confetti Mermaid Kisses Stamp set from my stash.

I embellished with some hemp twine tied to the sentiment strip where I stamped the sentiment from the Oceans of Love Stamp set and I added a sprinkling of sparkly blue YNS Gumdrops


I created the water-coloured background for the scene again using the "Smooshing" technique with my Tim Holtz Distress inks and then strategically cut out several different colours with the NEW Circle of Waves Confetti Cuts. I also created a frame using my MFT Circle STAX Die-namics cut from MFT Whip Cream Heavyweight Card Stock and popped it up with foam adhesive. 

It doesn't show in the photos but I added some sparkle with my ZIG Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen.  


I finished the inside of the card too. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from an old Reverse Confetti Stamp set - Monkey Business. I don't know if you are like this but I really like all the fonts on a card, inside and out, to match.  I also used a sentiment from the NEW Oceans of Love Stamp set that is super cute.  

Thank you SO much for stopping by and having a little look at my card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Birthday Celebration using the NEW Reverse Confetti Oceans of Love Stamp set and Confetti Cuts




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails