June 22, 2009

WoJ # 35 and Friday Sketchers # 57...Sweet Little Angel!


I made this card for the Whiff of Joy Challenge for this week's challenge, Paper Piecing and I used the great sketch over at Friday Sketchers for the card layout!
I used Willow with baby from the Whiff of Joy Women's Delight collection and this great K&Co. Berry Sweet paper that my stamping pal Jo sent me in a RAK it is sooo pretty and I used Bazzill Basics and Bazzill Bling cardstock!

I stamped Willow on Prism Simply Smooth White cardstock and coloured her in with my Copics and paper pieced the wee baby swaddled in this pretty pink flower pattern paper! I did the out of the box Nesties technique again as I didn't want to cut of any of willow's gown, as it is so beautiful! I used some scrap pieces of American Crafts ribbon from my stash. I cut the Nesties tag and stamped the WoJ sentiment. I left the die in place after embossing the tag and inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Scattered Straw!

Here is the inside...another one of the great WoJ sentiment from the new Women's Delight collection and some pretty prima flowers and MM brads! Since I was scrounging up the last bits of my ribbon here I didn't have enough to span the width of the card, so I used one bit on one side of the sentiment and another bit on the other of the sentiment and the Nestie rectangle hides that they don't actually meet in the middle! Now that is pretty good at using up the bits and pieces eh?! I am just a titch sad that this is the last of this yummy green plaid American Crafts ribbon!
Well, there you have it another card! Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek !
Hugs,

24 comments:

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Tara! I just love these new WOJ images! xx

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

hi tara,
it´s a wonderful card, i love the colouring and the image!

hugs
alexandra

Bente said...

Gorgeous card Tara, the colors are so perfect, gives me a summerfeeling :)
Your coloring is the greatest and the papers are so sweet!
Have a lovely day!
Hugs, Bente

daisy said...

se loos so sweet and peacefull, love what you've done tarra! you'r card rock! have a pep at my blog, i have made a fab card with the new woj carridge! inspired by you'r blog!

hugs
daisy

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, love the image and colours you have used. Hugs Avril xxx

annemarie said...

ooh what a gorgeous card. i love this image so sweet.

hugs Annemarie

Nancy said...

WOW Tara, this is amazing! Beautiful with the flower blanket. Fab colouring. Lovely colours, gorgeous card;O) I love it!
Have a great day.
Hugs, Nancy.

Sparkle and Flourish said...

This is simply gorgeous Tara. Love the paper piercing and what gorgeous papers. I love the inside too and good girl on using all your scraps of ribbon!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful card!
Judy xx

Sharon said...

Just gorgeous Tara. I love the papers, such beautiful colours and your colouring is fantastic. My WOJ stamps arrived last week and I'm itching to ink them up!

Nora said...

Sweet, sweet blog, Tara. I love this card. Pink/yellow - one of my favorite combinations.
Hugs,
Nora

DawnMarie said...

Stunning card, love the paper piercing technique on the dress its beautiful. Lovely papers too. Dawn Marie.xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Wonderful card hun, and such brilliant paper piecing, thanks so much for joining us this week. x

Tab said...

Oh this is such a sweet card hun, love the image and the colours are divine! The embellies and papers are super duper delish, love them!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card, wonderful paper piecing. hugs rachxx

Chris said...

Really stunning - and I love what you did on the inside as well. Your coloring is perfect and there are so many super details on this card!

Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week. I'm so excited to be the Friday Sketchers sponsor and have had a wonderful time blog hopping and seeing everyone's creations! You have a lovely blog!

Kathy said...

Wow Tara you really have been on a roll! So many gorgeous cards ~ and they all are so different!! Beautiful colors and love your paper piecing. (BTW ~ fabulous music as well!) Just had to add that as I have to have music at all times!! Have a great night :)Kathy

BA said...

wow tara
this is a wonderful card
xoxox BA

June Houck said...

Love those colors! So pretty, Tara :)

Ila said...

Everything about this card is Absolutely Beautiful!!...the colors, papers, and paper piecing is totally Gorgeous!!!..Hugs, Ila

Georgia said...

Wow, this is beautiful Tara! I love the summery colours and the flower is so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Di said...

HI this ios just beautiful i love the colours and these stamps are sooo pretty.
LOve it!!!

Hugs Di xxx

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colours and papers!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Louly said...

OMG!! Tara you just get better and better visiting your blog is like taking a breath of fresh air, you are just amazing.Everything is just fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails