June 14, 2008

Friday Sketchers #5...Rainbows and Butterflies!!!

Well, I know this card is way past due for the Friday Sketchers challenge # 5 but I have had a crazy busy week, no worries, I won't bore you with the details, smile! I worked on this card over the course of the week when I had a bit of time here and there. I thought I might get it in just under the wire, but no such luck. Oh well, here it is anyways. I must say this sketch by Kimmie just rocks!!! I will definitely be using it again!

So, have ya noticed I love my music and love adding songs to my blog that "co-ordinate" with the theme of the card or the theme of my post. I love to rock out when I am in my scrapbooking room and I also, really like using the lyrics from my favourite songs as the sentiment on a card or for the title of a scrapbooking page...music is such great inspiration for me! Well, for this card I used part of a line from the song "She Will be Loved" by Maroon 5 (one of my favourite bands and I just love Adam Levine. He is such a hottie,lol!!) Whenever I hear this song I am really struck by this line "It's not always rainbows and butterflies...it's compromise that moves us along". whoa, isn't that the truth!

Another one of my favourite things is collecting fonts. One font that caught my eye recently is called "Dear Joe Four". You may have seen it yourself at your LSS, It is used on some of the new Prima packaging. I searched for it on the many free font sites available on the net and found it (or one that is pretty darn close to it) on dafont.com. I think this font is also very close to the font used in the MFT set By the Sea Shore. The only down side is the free version available on dafont doesn't come with punctuation.
So, for this card I used a piece of the Core'Dinations Cardstock for the 6X6 base and distressed the edges. The pp is from the Prima Marketing 5X7 paper stack, Sasha Collection. I stamped the main image of Tilda Med Maskros (one of my very first Magnolia stamps and one of my all time favourites too) on Georgia Pacific White Cardstock with Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured it with Copic markers. Then I matted it on a peice of orange Core'Dinations cardstock that I distressed the edges of with the Tim Holts Tonic Distressing tool. I added a few of my new Prima flowers that I picked up at Micheals and blinged them up with some crystal Stickles and MM gemstone brads. I added the crystal Stickles to Tilda's wings and used a yellow Sakura stardust Gelly Roll pen to add some sparkle to the dandelion. I printed the the lyric from the song on a strip of velum and adhered it to the card with some transparent double-sided squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.

2 comments:

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful card. I love your edges. Hugs Marja

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh great job with my sketch, girl!! Love the papers and your sentiment!! I wish I could print out my own sentiments and collect fonts too, but up until this point, I didn't have a printer yet! But last weekend my honey bought me one just for my computer, so hopefully we'll get it hooked up and running soon!! Thanks for joining in my challenge!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails