June 01, 2008

Clearly, a great weekend and a great FS sketch too!

Wow, What a busy but fun filled weekend I have had! Yesterday, I taught another clear acrylic album class at The Scrapbook Academy...what a blast and what a great group of ladies! Clearly, they all deserve an A+++ as everyone made such fabulous albums,smile! I was so inspired to make another album by their creativity and I just might make a few other acrylic projects well I'm at it! I couldn't believe just how many of us were huge Disney fans too! Many of the ladies were even making Disney themed acrylic albums. I think I might just have to do the same! We also shared lots of great tips about WDW! Then, when I got home Chris and I looked at the pics on our Disney Photopass and discussed our next trip to the happiest place on earth...can't wait! To top it all off, Chris and I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (a Disney movie). You see, we were sans kids last night...both kids had sleepovers,whoohoo!!!

So, When I was at the Scrapbook Academy yesterday I picked up the new MFT sets, Friends Furever and Gone to the Dogs. I decided to use the Friends Furever set for Sketch #4 at Friday Sketchers. I stamped it with Archival Brilliance Black Graphite ink on Georgia Pacific paper and coloured it with Copic markers and inked the edges. The card base is 6X6 and cut from Bazzill Basics card stock, watermelon. The pp is from a 5X7 Prima pad from the Breathe collection that I picked up at Micheals. I really like the patterns and the colours, it is just too bad, they didn't have it in square, 6X6 or 8X8 pads, though. I used Technique Tuesday Postage stamp FUNdementals as a guide to make the border and inked all the edges of the pp. The sentiment is stamped on two QK ribbon slider 2X2 die cut from the pp and I added some American Craft ribbon. I also, cut four photo corners with a QK 2x2 die and added them to the stamped image. Then, I stamped the inside sentiment on the dog bone tag stamp, cut it out, added a heart brad and pop-dotted it.

Well, I gotta take a quick trip to the grocery store and pick up some things to make lunches with for tomorrow. I guess all this fun had to come to end sometime, lol! Thanks for stopping by! have a great Sunday afternoon!

Oh, I wanted to give a shout out to Bella. She was one of the 10 fabulous ladies in my class yesterday and she posted her acrylic album on her blog. Go have a look...it is gorgeous!!!

8 comments:

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great card, love the bright colors, beautiful paper. The little bone is the perfect finishing touch!!!

Bev said...

Oh I LOVE this card, fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Love the image and the bone is so cute! Thanks for joining in FS again.

Carole :D

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Great card ! Very nice colors and the bone is perfect!

Andrea said...

Nice card!
xAndrea

Anonymous said...

very pretty card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Awesome card Tara!!! I can't wait to see what you do with my sketch (which will be posted on Friday)!!

I saw Bela's album and it was great!! I'd love to take one of your classes!!! Someday!!

Anonymous said...

wow, great card! love the image. It's great! best regards sam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails