January 12, 2012

The Sketchy Challenge # 14 and Saturated Canary DT Call!

Photobucket
Hey stampin' Friends! Wanted to share a card that I've made with the great sketch over at The Sketchy Challenges by Corry! Lot's of fabulous layers on this sketch and it was such a great sketch to work with! I also thought I would join the DT call over at the Saturated Canary Challenge blog. They are looking for  3 DT members for 3 months! The DT call closes on January 21st! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Krista Smith's Saturated Canary digi images and I have compiled quite a few of them as they are SO stinkin' CUTE. I just haven't got around to using all of them but you will be seeing more SC cards from me as I just love em' to bits and have promised myself to use them more. I have used the precious Peace and Love Hipster digi and I have sized the image to be quite large...larger thn most images. That is the cool thing about digis...you can re-size them to suit your needs! I have colourd Peace and Love Hipster with my Copics and cut around the image leaving a small white border and pop-dotted her on the card.
Photobucket
The card base is 6x6 and I have used my MME Mabel 6x6 paper pad. I cut the large Peace Symbol on my Silhouette Digital Craft cutter and inked around the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink. The Martha Stewart Ribbon was in my stash and it is SO pretty and shimmery. I used a few MFT Die-namics here too, the WoNkY Scalloped Border Die-namics, the Peace Sign Die-namics and I stamped the sentiment on the mimi Oval Tab die from the Mini Tab Foursome Die-namics set. The sentiment is from the MFT ALM Disco Queen Stamp set.  I sprinkled a few pearls here and there and I used a BasicGrey fabric brad and Prima Hydrangeas. The SC Hipster girlie is also sparkly IRL as I used a Stardust and Orange Sakura pen to add some sparkle and the Clear and black Glaze Sakura pen on the buttons on her skirt and the peace symbol on her t-shirt.
Photobucket
Here is the inside of the card...I love adding a shadow stamp on the inside of my cards because these are digi images, I re-sized the image to be smaller than the front image and printed it out again and trimmed the paper to the size to fit the inside of the card. To ebellish I added another Peace symbol cut with my Peace Sign Die-namics, more Prima flowers, and pearls. The sentiment is from the Disco Queen MFT ALM set and stamped on craft card cut with the Framed Greeting Die-namics die.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for the Saturated Canary DT call!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,


SUPPLIES:





8 comments:

Tracey said...

This is an amazing card Tara!! Good luck with the call! They would be crazy not to pick you!! xx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Tara,
That's some bold colors and they go perfectly with this image, which you've colored beautifully. The hair looks awesome! Thanks for joining us @the Sketchy Challenges & Best of Luck with the SC Design Call. I can totally see why you'd be chosen...

Inge Groot said...

Stunning card Tara, the colors and all the amazing details are matching perfect with this image! Good luck with the design call, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Tara.
luv
Debby

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Good luck with the DT call, Jo x

Cor* said...

Like this is like totally way cool Okay!?!> Like Oh My Gawd! You have done an amazing job with my sketch. Every aspect is phenomenal. Love Love Love your coloring but hey, we've been down this road before ! A top notch creation! Best of luck with the DT call! Thanks for getting sketchy with us this week! YAY!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What an amazing card Tara! Every single detail is just perfect and your coloring is sensational! Beautifully done! :D

Angela said...

Woowww what an amazing card!! I love your colors and coloring.

xxAngela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails