October 19, 2008

Sketch Saturday #21 and WOJ # 4...I'll be your A-N-G-E-L!!!!

I got up this morning bright and early and popped on the computer to see what challenges I would play along with today. Then, I went down to my scrapbooking room and started making this card for the WOJ challenge #4 and combined it with Sketch Saturday #21.

Well, things didn't go as planned, I am long time migraineur and I often get sidelined by these nasty, nasty headaches! Today was no exception, I got a migraine while making this card and it was a doozie, so, I had to stop and take my "drugs", eat, lie down and put the heating pad on my neck. Oh, and my sweet hubby rubbed my neck and head for me too. Finally, it lifted enough for me to finish it up and here it is!!!

For this card I really wanted to use this WOJ Guardian Angel Blowing Hearts stamp but I ran out of EZ mount. Well, these stamps are such high quality and are so deeply etched, that I just attached it to my block with some temporary adhesive and it stamped beautifully! There, that is my little plug for these WOJ stamps they are so beautiful...just love 'em!!!

I often use sentiments that are inspired by my favourite songs. So, I have been musing about making a card inspired by the new Natasha Bedingfiled's song "Angel"..I just love it! I wanted the card to be soft and romantic but it needed to be made with autumn colours. So, I used some new Daisey Bucket paper and I think they are very autumnal, at least I hope they are!?

I stamped the main image on Georgia Pacific paper with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured it with my Copic Markers. I Used white acrylic paint for the highlights and added some glitter with a Sakura stardust pen and sponged pinkish-red Metallic Rub-Ons on the edges with my Tim Holtz Ink applicator tool!

I printed the sentiment on my computer and cut the nameplate out on my QK Silhouette. I added a few Prima flowers with big MM brads and glittered them up with some Crystal Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by and having a wee look-see!

Later!


24 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just lovely Tara. I love the combination of colours and your attention to detail.

Sharon

Tara said...

Hi Tara,
Glad you are feeling better now from your migraine. I suffer from them too and usually get a couple every month. I hate how people say they have a migraine when it's really only a bad headache, there is soooooo a real difference! I've finally discovered a medication that works, anyway I know where to come for sympathy now, lol!
Your card is beautiful, she's such a cute image! I ordered some WOJ stamps on Saturday and can't wait for them to arrive now!!
I left you a message a couple of cards back about some stamped images..... did you get it?
Hugs, Tara xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card Tara!! Fabulous coloring and beautiful papers and elements!! I'm glad your migraine is gone and you are feeling better!! Hugs, Kelly

Leslie said...

Tara, what a beautiful card. I too am a WOJ lover! They are simply adorable! Your card is just gorgeous! I love it and can't wait to sit down with my WOJ stamp and use you as my inspiration! I can't believe you were able to do all this on a day you were suffering from a migraine. I get them all the time and they really kick my butt. I am glad you are feeling better.
I wonder what the other tara found that works for her migraines. If you find out, could you let me know? Thanks, have a great day, Leslie

maddy hill said...

Tara that card is simply delightful !
it looks so feminine and devine !
just beautiful the colours the layout everything !

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, you have coloured the image perfectly

Murielle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
Lovely colours and papers used!!
Marvellous composition!!
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the nice comments you left in my blog.
Have a good day, Tara.
Hugs from France.
Mumur

Debbie said...

Oh wow Tara what a fantastic card, I love the soft autumn colours that you have used... beautiful card despite your awful migraine. Debbie x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card...what beautiful colours. I love the way you've put the card together! Fabulous!

Judy x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Isn't she cute, I've thisone myself and I'm in love too! The card you made is gorgeous, I like the colours and details very much!

Kind regards,

Renata

Rach said...

Tara you have made a truly stunning card, love the colours and all the yummy detail. hugs Rachxx

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card and all works do well together, I love the colour combo and of course the fab stamp!
Clairex

Mrs Mac said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! Soooo much work gone into this, too!

maddy hill said...

Hi Tara , i did as you suggested and put a little link in the post to you also - your blog is fab girl ! the whole blog with all its colours just makes you happy when it all uploads together !

hope you start making soon and if you have any probs - il be happy to send you a die cut of it xx
happy crafting and let me know how you get on if you make one xxxxxx
love maddy

Donalda said...

Oh this is so pretty Tara. I love your coloring too just gorageous. Thanks for joining us this week.

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous!! I've only had I figure was a migrain- once or twice and so I can not imagine it full blown or happening alot!! I am very sorry that you have to go through that! I ordered a woj-and I was not knowing it wouldn't come with the sticky on the back-but did the same as you- just a little picture tab held it on perectly! TFS!! You have such wonderful taste!!

Mariska said...

Gorgeous Tara! Love the colours on this card and you coloured it perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

xxx
Mariska

Sew This N That said...

This is so beautiful Tara, love the colours you have used and the sentiment is wonderful :0)
Sorry I haven't been visiting for a while, I am a terrible blogging friend and I have rapped my knuckles for you ;0)
Hope your migraines don't come back too soon, I had an aunt that used to suffer dreadfully with them, they are horrible to see someone suffer with them.
**Hugs** Heather x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow stunning card ,fabulous colouring and papers ,Dawnxx

Ila said...

This card is So Gorgeous!! I love your coloring...layout...papers...Totally everything!!..Hugs, Ila

Poppy said...

Wow just love your card,fantastic colours.
poppy.
x

Joey said...

Hi Tara, wow another beautiful card! Thankyou for your kind comment on my blog. I have been tagged and am passing it onto you, I hope you dont mind.xxx

Leslie said...

Tara, you sure know how to take a card from cute to incredibly gorgeous! I just love them all! I didn't think I would really like the Magnolia stamps, you know, kids with no face, only eyes, but you make them look so terrific, now I think I need to order some!! Maybe I can get a friend to stamp me some first, I am certain, I cannot make them look like yours look!!! LOL!
Have a terrific weekend, Leslie

Charith said...

Tara, this card is fantastic!
I wanted you to know your package arrived and I was totally blown away by your generousity! Thank you again. The card is just amazing and I'm going to love being creative with all the wonderful goodies you sent!!! I've been in a creative slump lately.. this just may bring me out of it!!! Thanks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails