October 24, 2010

JM #78, FS #125 & WOC #8...Tilda Walks for a CURE!!!!

Photobucket

Hey crafty friends! Hope you are all having a great weekend! Well, I sure am, I played with my new computer and got everything all set up they way I like it and I got some time today to play along with some of my fave challenges too! It has been so long since I've been able to do that and I really enjoyed myself! This week's challenge over at Just Magnolia is to "Think Pink" as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so, I definitely wanted to play along! They also have a beautiful sketch over at Friday Sketchers by Jaque and the challenge is Pastels over at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!
Photobucket

For my card I decided to use this sweet new Tilda with Lace Flag...I just love her to bits!!! I got the idea of her walking for a CURE which is one of the great sentiments on a Melissa Frances rub-on sheet! She really looks like she is walking with a purpose, doesn't she!? The word "hope" that I rubbed onto the flag and bottom sentiment are also from the same Melissa France Breast Cancer sheet!

Photobucket

I coloured Tilda with my Copics and had fun taking my time with it and ended up doing that dotted shadow technique that my BG DT Chris Dark created...now I am not nearly as good at it as she is but I am quite happy with how it turned out! I used some BG Oliva papers from the 6x6 pad as I just love it and its PINK!!! I also used some Prima and WOC flowers, half pearls and ribbon and cotton lace to embellish! The Breat Cancer ribbon in the bottom cornor is a QK die and I cut it out from the QK adhesive chipboard material a few times and stacked them as it isn't very thick chipboard. I then cut one from the Pink BG paper and inked the edges. I punched a hold with my Crop-O-Dile and then added the BG glazed brad!

Well, there you have it....my first post on my new Mac and it was a breeze...I know I am going to love doing up my posts now! Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Have a great week....happy stampin'!

Hugs,

20 comments:

Tara said...

Don't you just love Melissa Frances T? What a brilliant sheet of sentiments this is and your card is amazing and so worthy of the cause! Fantastic idea to use Tilda with flag as she really is on a mission! I got so much inspiration from this creation T, thanks ;o)
Big hugs, T xxx

heidy said...

Oh Tara,I so love this card,it's so gorgeous,And all your details are so beautiful,enjoy your new computer,have lots of fun whit it
And thanks for your lovely comments,your a dear
Big Hugs Heidy

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww this is beautiful Tara, gorgeous colours and lovely flowers too.
Kelly.x

jules said...

just to say your card is totally gorgeous!!!

Janette said...

Completely beautiful card, love every tiny thing about it.x

Paula said...

I've now got you on my Top Sites on the Mac as well as Kim so I can keep a better eye on what you're up to.
Love what you've done here & I know what you mean about taking time to enjoy the colouring.
Paula (PEP)

Crafty Lou said...

Hi! a gorgeous card Tara,Tilda looks so sweet and all the detail is lovely.
So happy you are all sorted now,i don't like being far away from blogland.
take care,hugs Lou.xx

Artesania said...

Tara ,I am speechless,what a stunning card,the cute image coloring fabulous,flowers- my eyes are not tired -i love your card from the deep bottom of my heart-simply the best!
Hugs Gudrun
Thank you allways for your nice comments on my blog,your are so kind.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Tara this is absolutely gorgeous hun! WOW What a beauty! Love the meaning behind it too!!! Beautiful work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Maria said...

Stunning creation Tara! Beautiful layers and wonderful way to pay tribute to Cancer Awareness. Congrats on your new computer. Hugs, Maria

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so very beautiful Tara!!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Tara, I just LOVE this gorgeous card of yours. One with a MEANING to it too! Absolutely fabulous work... tons of hugs, Sharon xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Tara, such pretty colours and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So wonderful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Ingrid said...

What a fab card. The background coloring is so nice! Love it.
Glad you're totally back online. We can't miss you :-)
Hugs Ingrid

Renkata said...

wow Tara, I don't know where to start dear..... from the beautiful layout or gorgeous paper, or maybe the delightful flowers, or the beautifly coloured image...ooohhh and also the amazing shading round the Tilda,. Everything is so beautifly done. Just super!!!

Cordine said...

It's stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

CraftyC said...

Wow Tara, your card is adorable and I do love the Magnolia stamp. Enjoy your MAc. I've had mine for 4years now and love it, though being the technophobe that I am only use the basics. I bet theres so much more I could do!!
Clairex

Dena said...

OMG! I love your card! It is so perfect for our challenge!!!! I love the gorgeous details!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Tara this is absolutely stunning!
Your colouring is superb and your paper and detail just divine!
Such a super gorgeous card so glad you have a new computer!
hugs
kim x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails