August 28, 2010

Just Magnolia # 70, WOC Challenge# 4...A Gift for You!

Good Morning crafty Friends! I made this card yesterday for the Just Magnolia Challenge. They have a fabulous sketch by Dawny P this week! I also thought I would join in the Make it Sparkle challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge...I am totally loving my WOC flowers they are so scrumptious and I love the liquid adhesive that they sell to stick them down too...fabulous stuff!



I love this sweet image of Tilda with gifts from the Wedding Collection...she is so versatile and I thought she would be perfect for a Christmas card, this being my first Christmas card for the season. I teamed her up with this Creative Imaginations Christmas Baking paper and used one of the coordinating sticker for the sentiment. I also used one of my Catslife press sentiment stamps and stamped it on a QuicKutz tag! I used some American Crafts Ric Rac and red dollar store half pearls with Wild Orchid and Prima flowers to embellish.

To make my WOC flowers sparkle as per this week's challenge, I embossed them with Ranger Ink Gold Embossing Tinsel...and trust me these beautiful WOC flowers are very sparkly IRL now! Totally loving this Embossing Tinsel that I just found at Crop Circles in Peterborough and I also added some Gold ICE Stickels to Tilda for a little extra sparkle!


And here is the inside of the card!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my first Christmas card!

Hope you can do some crafting today...I know I will be the boys have gone to the local car races and Hannah and I are going to get crafty,smile!

Hugs,

17 comments:

Ingrid said...

O, I love your card! It's fab. The colors, image and flowers are just great and your coloring is to be jealous of, as always...
Nice weekend to you.
Hugs Ingrid

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

Wow Tara!Awesome card,.....and thanks for reminding me that I need to start working on my Christmas cards! Lol! ;)Tracy

Andrea C said...

fabby card x

Maria said...

Gorgeous inside and out Tara! Looooove your colouring and all the fabulous layers. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Maria

Riet said...

So wonderful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Renkata said...

Hi Tara, your card is full with gorgeous details. FAB!

Carolyn said...

Tara, this is stunning. I just love how you're finishing the insides of the cards. They look amazing. This one is so pretty with such amazing flowers. Great card again.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Scrapmumur said...

OH...Tara, your card is very fantastic!!!!
Great colouring and colours.
I love it!!!!
Your work is a perfectly.
Have a nice weekend.
Big hugs, Murielle

Little K Smith said...

Stunning card Tara! Beautifully coloured Tilda and just love all those gorgeous flowers!
Kelly.x

Kelly Schelske said...

This is wonderful Tara!

daisy said...

she looks gorgeuse tara!

hugs
daisy

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Tara.
luv
Debby

Kim said...

T~ This is absolutley AMAZING! Love love love it! Your work here is stunning and your details are wonderful! Love the embossing tinsel...I am going to have to check that out...haven't seen it yet! Gorgeous hun!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! Love the inside too.
Hugs
Cordine

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Totally adorable Tara! Love the attention to detail and that sweet image. Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at Just Magnolia. Hope to see you back again next week! :)

Paula said...

Love the way you've tied the colour of the ricrac ribbon is echoed in the colours of ribbons on the parcels of the image. Just lovely with those red pearls too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

PS - I missed out half my sentence (tired after yesterday's travelling & trying to catch up) what I meant to say was the grey of Tilda's clothing & her hair ribbons with the grey parcel ties work so well with the grey ricrac - it's so beautifully detailed.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails