Well, I feel a little guilty blog hoping and stamping when I have so many things to do before we go to Vegas but I just couldn't resist this sketch or my new Sarah Kay stamps, smile!!! I found this new challenge blog, Stamp with Sarah Kay, from Jacqui who left a lovely comment on my blog. When I went to visit Jacqui's fabulous blog I saw that she is on the DT for SWSK Challenge blog. That is when I saw this fabulous sketch by Moni and knew I had give it a go!
Don't you just love it when inspiration hits and everything falls together nicely. well that is what happened with this sketch! It was such fun making this card and it came together so quickly too, bonus! I will definitely use it again and definitely participate in the SWSK challenges again!!!
Well, I must say I am very happy with this card. These Sarah Kay stamps are definitely bringing out the best in me, if I do say so myself. It isn't hard they are soooo beautiful and stamp so crisp...love that!
For this card I made the base 6X6 out of some red Bazzill Basics Cardstock and mated with some blue Bazzill bling. I chose this DaisyD's pp that I have had hanging around since, forever. I have been hording it, always with the good intention of using it, and never have. Well, I think it compliments this image, Picnic of Daisies, so nicely.
When I saw that the sketch required a frame I instantly pulled out my Technique Tuesday FUNdamental chipboard frames and shapes and tried the Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint, firebrick red, on the frame. I think I should have used a thicker coat as the crackle is very minimal. I then inked it and distressed it with firebrick red and vintage photo Distress Ink using my Tim Holtz ink applicator tool. Then I applied some antique gold metallic rub-ons,really getting good use out of them lately. I coloured this sweetie in with my Copic markers and and used white acrylic paint for the highlights. I have just started doing this and it is a great way to apply the highlights. Sometimes, I don't like the results I get with the white gel pen. I cut the image with my circle Nestibilites and embossed it. I used the largest circle die, that I have, to cut the main image. So, to make the mat I used my EK Success Curvy Cutter. I used the metallic rub-ons again to distress around the main image and to emphasize the embossed edge. I saw this tip recently while blog hopping but can't remember whose blog it was on...sorry!
Well, I didn't know where I was going to put my sentiment and I always have to have a sentiment on my cards. Then I saw that I had this My Mind's Eye Journaling tag on my work table. So, I inked up the edges and used a MFT sentiment from the Going Somewhere? set. So, this journaling tag was meant to be on this card...the fact that I could even see it on my work table among the mess is no less than miraculous, lol!
Next, I needed flowers...I didn't have any Primas that went with this colour scheme. Then I decided to cut these ones from the pp on my QK Silhouette. I just downloaded this QK flower GSD and was excited to use it. The small flowers are the same GSD file as the large one. I just ungrouped the image and deleted the cut lines so the petal was solid. Then I inked the edges of the flowers and used a new idea that I saw in Deb's blog. Where she used and embossing tool to give the paper flowers more dimensions. I really like this look and it added to the overall shabby look on this card.
I 'm getting excited about our getaway to Vegas..eeekkk!!!! Still have a few more errands to run and things to pack but then we are all set to go on our little journey!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!!